DISCUSS THIS

welcome to Discuss This , please login thank you.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

DISCUSS THIS

welcome to Discuss This , please login thank you.

DISCUSS THIS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DISCUSS THIS is a free discussion forum site. Share your thoughts and meet like-minded people.

2 posters

Birmingham children's services takeover warning

Admin
    Owner & Founder

Birmingham children's services takeover warning Empty Birmingham children's services takeover warning

Post by Admin Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:45 am

Thought I'd kick start the forum by posting the bellow article, about birmingham Childrens service. Subject which I'm concerned about.

Children's services at Birmingham City Council could be taken over by the Department for Education before Christmas if standards do not improve.

The takeover will happen if Ofsted inspectors do not see improvements when they return later this month.

The department is the biggest of its kind in England and has been rated as "inadequate" for four years.

Department head Peter Hay said the city council had to be involved in its running but there were no easy answers.

Earlier this week, Michael Gove signalled a significant shift in direction in the way his government will deal with failing child protection services.

Full article >>> Birmingham children's services takeover warning
    MadPete
    Achievement Unlocked! Reached Member

Birmingham children's services takeover warning Empty Re: Birmingham children's services takeover warning

Post by MadPete Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:00 am

I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing, "Children's services at Birmingham City Council" being taken over by the Department for Education.

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 2:34 pm